Things To Do In Florida
Things to Do in Florida
Vacation Rentals in Florida
There is so much more to do in the state of Florida than just go to Disney World or Epcot Center. Not that a visit to those places is bad, but for the family making plans and budgeting their hard earned money, why not consider some of the following fantastic fun stuff to do while visiting the Sunshine State?!
More of the Fun Stuff Florida Has To Offer
Family Adventures–Sometimes it’s just a great thing to keep everyone together and enjoy some quality family time. The following list with links will keep you all one close-knit, happy family unit:
- Florida EcoSafaris at Forever Florida: Explore this 4700 acre eco-ranch and wildlife conservation area via Coach Safari, Horseback Safari, Zipline Safari or Cypress SkyCycle.
- St. Augustine Pirate & Treasure Museum: (St. Augustine) Pirates, pirates it’s all about pirates!
- Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens : (Orlando) One of the best zoos in the country plus a botanical garden of beauty. Must see!
- Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge : (Titusville) Fishing, hunting, bird and wildlife observation including manatees? You want to be here.
Ladies Getaway–Sometimes a girl-getaway is just what the doctor ordered. Figure it all out with this helpful list:
- The Florida Mall: With over 250 stores, over 30 restaurants and cafes, and in Orlando this is the perfect way to pass the time in a total shopping experience.
- Almost 700 miles of sandy beaches: With all the other great things on this list, we don’t want the ladies to forget about warm, sunny beach-front vacationing.
- Renninger’s Antique Center in Mount Dora: More than 200 antique shops? Over 40,000 (yes, forty-thousand!) square feet of prime antique shopping? Come on, Ladies. What’s keeping you?
- The Fruit and Spice Park: (Homestead) Over 500 varieties of fruits, vegetables, spices, herbs, and nuts await anyone with a love of home gardening. There is nowhere else in the country quite like this.
- Flamingo Gardens: (Davie) See a touch of Florida history with 60 acres of lush gardens showcasing rare, exotic and native plants. Tour the groves and the Wray Botanical Collection including 16 Champion Trees. Explore native wildlife in the Free-flight Aviary and Everglades Wildlife Sanctuary with exhibits of birds and animals. And don’t forget to tour historic 1930s Wray Home.
Romantic Retreat–No kids around to entertain? How about a little one-on-one time with that significant other? We’ve got you covered:
- Ybor City: (Centro Ybor, Latin District nightclubs & bars) – Dine on paella and sangria while watching flamenco dancers at Columbia Restaurant, Florida’s oldest restaurant. A fixture since 1905.
- Miccosukee Indian Village, Casino, Spa and Golf Course: Art, history, the rich culture of this Native Florida tribe is there for your enjoyment.
- Discovery Cruise Line: (Bahamas Day Cruise) Discovery’s Bahamas Party Cruise includes two all-you-can-eat buffet meals, Movies, Shows, Disco, Karaoke, Wii Games, Activities, Kids’ Club, Sundecks & Pool.
- Beach front Tikki Bars: Sharky’s is but one of many awesome bars and restaurants waiting you and your loved one on the beaches of Florida.
- Eat in bed at B.E.D.: (Miami) Miami at her prime when service, dining, and entertainment were the cornerstones of a great night out.
Guy Time–Hey, the guys need their time, too!
- Shell Island Fish Camp: (St. Marks) – With bait shops, boat rentals, and a marina, Shell Island is one of the last full service fish camps in the southeast.
- Billie Swamp Safari: 2,200 acres of untamed Florida Everglades preserved in its pristine state by the Seminole Tribe of Florida.
- Offshore Sailing School: Want to learn to sail. THIS is the number one sailing school in America. Might be a place to consider!
- Sarasota Classic Car Museum: What guy doesn’t like cars? Get your automotive fix this vacation at the second oldest car museum in the country.
- Fantasy of Flight: State of the art simulators, walk through working restoration and maintenance areas, over 40 vintage flying machines. Oh, my!
- Over 1000 golf courses: Don’t worry about bringing your clubs, there’s always some available for rental at the more than one thousand golf courses in the state.
Fun for the Kids
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium: – Visit the home of Winter, the dolphin, who’s story is depicted in the move Dolphin Tale. Also offered is the opportunity to become a dolphin and river otter trainer for a day.
- Discovery Cove: (Orlando) A place where you and your family can touch and swim with dolphins, wade with mysterious rays, snorkel among thousands of exotic fish, hand-feed tropical birds in a free-flight aviary and relax on pristine beaches.
- iFLY Indoor Skydiving: (Orlando) Experience human body flight! Indoor Skydiving at iFly SF Bay is safe for kids, challenging for adults, exciting for teens and realistic for skydivers. No experience is necessary, great fun for all ages, three and up. 3 and up? Crazy fun!
- Adventure Landing: (Jacksonville) If all the beaches and pools aren’t enough, get your water park fix at Adventure Landing. You’re going to get wet!